Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Don't Get It

I just don't. I haven't written in a few days because I have felt disgusting and I didn't even feel like I could share with all of you, because I feel that ashamed. I got back to school on Saturday, and come to find I have GAINED three pounds over the summer. Fantastic. I now weigh an awesome 128lbs., give or take a few ounces. I freaked out, obviously. But I knew that it would be easy to do something about it. I would lose five pounds in a week, no problem.

Houston, we have a PROBLEM! Somehow, I still weigh THE SAME!!! And I have no idea why. There is no reason for this. I can admit to myself when I have not lost weight because my intake has been too high, but my intakes have been absolutely pristine for the past four days, and I have gotten nowhere. Based on how little I am eating, I should have lost at least two-three pounds already, and yet the scale refuses to budge. Let's look at a sample of Sottile's daily intake, shall we?

Breakfast: 60z. calcium-enriched orange juice 82 calories
coffee with soy milk and a dash of sugar 20 calories
fat-free greek yogurt 130 calories
Lunch: strawberries 35 calories
baby carrots 60 calories
plain rice cake 35 calories
1 tbsp. peanut butter 100 calories
water 0 calories
Dinner: salad (lettuce, red pepper, cucumber, baby carrots, chick peas, kidney beans, walnuts,
low-fat salad dressing) estimating 250 calories
small piece of cheddar 50 calories
a few sips of Gatorade estimating 15 calories
Snack: four Sour Patch Kids 35 calories
Total: 812 calories

812 calories. My BMR is 1409 all by itself, and I am back in classes right now, so I am also burning some additional calories. WHY AM I STILL THE SAME DISGUSTING WEIGHT??? This is so frustrating! And what's even more frustrating is that I have no reasonable explanation for why every night when I weight myself before I go to bed, I am still two pounds heavier than I was in the morning, even with peeing all day long from all the water I am drinking to keep the hunger away, and the effects that all this fiber is having on my system. Everything is running smoothly, if you catch my drift. Why am I still holding on to this extra weight??

I am going to keep going, though, no worries there. I know that sometime soon, my eating habits are going to finally show me an effect. It's physically impossible to not lose weight on a diet this low in calories where a little over half of them are made up of fruits and vegetables. My scientific knowledge fails me not in this respect. I just want to know WHEN it's going to happen?? Because it's a huge blow to my self-esteem every morning when the scale looks up at my fat thighs and laughs and tells me 128lbs. all over again. I have gone to bed with that wonderful hungry feeling in my stomach every night this week, and still I am faced with this abominable number every morning.

It's a good thing I want this so much and I am so strong, because anyone weaker would totally be giving up at this point. Current mood: pissed and poised to fight to get my bones back.

Love you, Skinnies

~Sottile

5 comments:

  1. It's all about the metabolism. Eat less carbs and more protein to keep your metabolism up. Also, when you exercise, do it in the morning or in little spurts throughout the day. But don't save it until the afternoon, because by then your body has already absorbed all of the day's calories.
    Try switching some meals to grilled/roasted chicken, fish and dark green, leafy vegetables. Caffeine also helps boost your metabolism, so coffee with fat free creamer is okay. Good luck!! It happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it either. Thats so frustrating! I don't understand either. your calories are meager! Your activity level is up.... maybe it will just all catch up to you out of nowhere and you'll lose like 5 pounds overnight! its happened!

    lots of love, my long lost texting buddy
    xoxo

    stay strong. you have SO MUCH determination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your probably plateauing so a great way to loose inverse on the protien double your water and actual increase your intake. Some days high and somedays low bc sounds Luke your body is latching on cause it's in starve mode so feed it a little more for two says then zig-zag or bounce. If 800 cals is the lowest you eat then for a couple days eat 1200 and then bounce between 800 one day 1000 the next and switch it up next day do 950 and then go 750. You just have to give your metabolism a little dose of confusion. I hope that helps and adds to you success!
    xo lyndee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!

    You should totally have lost some weight, it's prob a lame plateau. Like everyone said above, it's prob that you just need something sudden to spurt your body back into fat burning zone.

    good luck, I'm sure it will come off sooner rather than later


    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry, I'm sure the scale will show all the lost weight at once and then you'll be really happy!!

    I'm glad you're back to university,too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete