Monday, September 7, 2009

Idiosyncrasies

So I figured I would do a post about all my weird rules with food. I am sure you all have rules too, and I figure it would be fun to share them, so maybe we can get new ideas for rules. I mean, Ana is all about control, right? So I say more rules are fun!

Let's see. Well, I don't eat anything snack-wise after 4pm. I try never to snack anyway, but if I do, it has to be before 4pm. This is because I want to feel truly hungry before I eat what I allow myself for dinner. Nothing bothers me more than feeling unhungry/full, yet still eating dinner. And I do try to eat dinner most of the time, because it makes the roomies less suspicious. This applies to liquids as well.

I don't eat or drink anything after 8pm. I hate getting up in the middle of the night to pee, so that is a somewhat normal reason. My ana reason is because I don't want the food sitting in my stomach overnight. Gross! Sometimes, I have to bend this rule due to going out for drinks, but only for that reason. And I don't go out that often. I also think it gives time for the food to exit my system so it has less of a chance of showing up on the scale that night when I weigh-in before bed.

I weigh myself every morning and every night. I count my true weight as being right after I pee/shit (either/or, but the best is when I do both) in the morning, because there is no food or liquid in my system yet. I do it wearing nothing but underwear. I have to step on and off three times, and the average of those three times is my weight.

I never say "I'm hungry". Even if I'm starving. It is weak, it is gluttonous, it is dirty. Plus, if I tell someone I'm hungry, I automatically feel obligated to eat more than I want to, because I have declared my hunger status, and a small meal would not fill someone with normal eating habits up.

I always leave a little yogurt in the bottom of the container. This is because I hate the sound of a spoon trying to scrape the last bits of yogurt out. The sound of the metal on plastic makes me feel greedy and piggish, like I NEED that last bit of yogurt because I am just so hungry I can't leave even a bit left. Leaving that last bit is a way for me to have control, and show everyone else around me that I do not need that food like everyone else does. I am better than that.

Yogurt will also never take less than 35 minutes to eat. Faster than that, and I look like a hungry wild animal.

I don't eat anything at exactly noon. I will wait for 12:30pm, preferably 1pm or even 2pm to eat a "lunch". Noon is for those who don't have the control to last any longer than when they last ate breakfast. Noon is typical and ordinary. I will not be those two things.

I will wait four hours after my last meal to eat another one. Less than four hours is weak. By four hours, I feel the hunger in my stomach, and the small amount of food I add to it will be appreciated. Anything before the four hour mark is unneccesary.

I eat in front of people. Food eaten in private is food wasted. When people see me eat, they do not suspect there is a problem. Eating with no one around sparks the rumors about me not eating, because it is never seen. Eating in front of people also keeps binges away. I refuse to look like a mannerless glutton in front of people.

Everything must be eaten in small bites. This makes food last longer, makes it look like I am eating more because it's taking longer to eat, and gives me control. I am better than those people who must take huge bites of digusting food to make them feel good. All I need are small bites; I can savor a bite-size candy bar for 15 minutes, where a weaker person would eat it in one bite.

When out at a restaurant, take a cue from Jackie O. and eat only half the serving. Take the rest home like you are going to eat the leftovers, and then throw them away at earliest convienience. Even better if you make people believe that you in fact ate them.

Spend free time looking up calorie counts. It is fun to do, and very informative. Going to the McDonald's site and "Building a McMeal" to see what the most disgusting combination you can make is always an enjoyable time. Keeping up to date on the menus at all chain restaurants will let you know what the most calorie-friendly dish is.

That is all I can think of right now. If I think of more, I will post them later. Also, I got the best news today! The 24th of September marks the beginning of Fall Break, and both my roomies are leaving! I will have the apartment all to myself for the 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th. I can already feel the hunger in my stomach that will come from those four days. I won't have to eat anything if I don't want to! I think some fasting will definitely be in order for some, if not all, of those days. Let me know if any of you think you want to join me in fast on those days!

Love you, Skinnies!

~Sottile

3 comments:

  1. yoop!

    I do the calorie mcdo building meal excersize!! Unfortunatly I have lost much control over when I eat food now, and am somewhat envious of your rules, but I will get back there, I know! I very much enjoyed reading your post - I also do the yogurt thing. And also when I was younger I would
    1) get up in the morning and fake breakfast by putting a bowl with a dribble of milk in the sink
    2) throw away my dinner into a plastic bag under my bed -thus asking my mum for no sloshy foods please - saying I prefered crunchy food instead of mass sauses!! It worked. Food changed when I moved out of home... this is what I am having trouble with. Glad to see you are queen of your food x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, im definitely gonna try some of these out!

    and i started following your blog because you're the same height as me and i want to be as skinny as you! i used to weigh 180 (eeewwww!) but now im at 149 (im still disgusting!)... currently doing a 30 day water fast. Hopefully it will go okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have our weird rituals. I need to pick up on some of yours

    stay strong

    ReplyDelete