I got a package today from my great aunt. Apparently my grandmother told her about how my old, old pink blanket I have had ever since I was born, that my great aunt herself knit, has a huge hole in it, and my cat has taken it as his and sleeps on it and kneads it, so it's not even really my blanket anymore. Well, my great aunt was just so surprised that I even had it anymore, so she knit me a new blanket! This one is not as big as my old blanket, but my great aunt is getting really old, so I don't blame her! It is a really pretty purple that has silvery shiny thread incorporated into the yarn she used. I love it! It's so nice when something totally unexpected like that happens. It totally made my day :)
Anyway, eating was great today. I was really hungry when I got home from class at noon, so I had two mini rice cakes and a few grapes. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I just pushed through, and worked on a case report for one of my classes. Suddenly it was 6pm, and I didn't even realize it! For dinner, I had a small amount of gumbo that I made on Monday. It is actually really low-cal. If I hadn't put chicken sausage in it and left it meatless, it would have been 70 cals per serving, but I wasn't sure how it would taste without the meat. I think next time I make it, I am going to do it without meat, because I think it would still be good. Even with the sausage, I think it is only like 120 cals per serving, because I used a small amount of sausage and cut it into small chunks. I am pretty pleased with the gumbo, overall! My calorie count for the day ends up at 541 cals. It would have been lower if I hadn't eaten a mini Reese's peanut butter cup today, but 541 is still fine with me. And, I weighed myself just now: 125lbs! Only 0.5lbs. up from this morning, and my stomach is making grumblies :) I don't want to get my hopes up, because I know it is entirely possible I could be 124.5lbs. again tomorrow morning, but how awesome would it be to see 124lbs.!?
Tomorrow is my late day, when I don't have class until noon. No lunch, and then I have my new class that goes until 5pm. We will see if I decide to eat dinner or not. I might just bring some veggies and a few rice cakes with me to school to munch on if I get hungry, and then not have dinner. I don't really want to waste my gumbo, though. So maybe I will have a small amount again for dinner tomorrow night.
Friday we are having a lunch lecture at school. The food is Chinese. Ugh. However, the speaker needs no-carb food, so we are making sure that the noodles and rice are separated from the veggies and meat. That will make it easier for me to just take some veggies. It's workable. And Chinese has never been a huge draw for me, as far as not being able to prevent myself from eating myself silly. The scale's continued downward trend is making it easier to refuse food lately, as well. Ha, it's like a positive feedback mechanism, but this one results in weight loss, not shock or birth. Does anyone know what I am talking about when I say positive feedback mechanisms? I will sound majorly dorky if I describe it, so I won't go into it but to say that they continue to promote the continuation of whatever is occurring, rather than counteract it like a negative feedback mechanism does. These mechanisms are all over the place in the human and animal body.
Going to bed in a bit.
Love you, Skinnies!
~Sottile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG Sottile, you are a goddess!! Thanks so much for the comment! I'm very inspired by it and also by how great you are doing this week. Thanks so much for following me and your support!
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing intake! I'd find it hard to resist chinese, so you're doing really well!
ReplyDeleteAgreed with Z., you are very inspiring :)
Let's hope for the 124! :D
x
hahahaha! i use the term "positive feedback loop/system" whenever i can get away with it! i don't know why. it just appeals to me!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the awesomeness of seeing lower numbers on the scale in a consistent manner.
and...cool that your mom is a nurse. so's mine. and i said i would never do what my mom does...ha. so much for that. i'll probably go back to school eventually and get my masters or nurse practitioner.
anyways. i always love hearing how well you're doing!
much love.
your doing so great! that gumbo sounds awesome. mmmm i might just make some myself lol.
ReplyDeletechinese food is pretty much all high calorie which sucks for me because i loooove chinese food...avoiding it is usually the best plan
stay strong
meg
hey texting buddy, we haven't texted lately! but it sounds like you're doing amaaaaaazing. you're still my favorite blog :)
ReplyDeletecan you tell me how you make the gumbo? 70 cals and delicious is my kind of cooking!
ReplyDelete